TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS BETWEEN
SITEWEAVE AND ITS CUSTOMERS
The following terms and conditions shall apply to any and all business
conducted between SiteWeave and its customers or clients.
DEFINITION OF TERMS USED IN THIS DOCUMENT
In the context of this document, the following terms apply
- 'The Company' means us, SiteWeave Internet Services LLP (company no. OC302982), also trading under other names including the word 'SiteWeave' - e.g. SiteWeave, SiteWeave Services and SiteWeave Web Services.
- services (in lower case) shall mean any services such as web
hosting, email, design and coding, support or other services provided
by the company.
- Server means the computer server equipment operated by us or
by our contractors for the purpose of storing and delivering web
pages or the storage and delivery of emails.
- Website means:
- an area on the server allocated by the company for use as a site on the Internet
- the design, layout, coding and structure for a web page or collection of webpages as created by the company
- Loss due to server down time.
With regard to availability of hosted web sites on the internet,
the company and its partners strive to maintain a high level of
service but do not guarantee that a particular web site will be
available via the internet for any given proportion of time. The
company is not liable for any loss of business or other consequential
loss resulting from web server down time or other situation preventing
a web site from being available on the Internet.
- Limit of web space and bandwidth. Unless specifically stated
to the contrary, the following limits apply on the company's standard
- Web space size: 40MB. SiteWeave reserve the right to charge for usage above this limit.
- Bandwidth usage per month: 2GB. SiteWeave reserve the right to charge for usage above this limit.
- In no event will the company be liable for any loss, damage
or corruption to any data stored on the server. You are responsible
for maintaining backups and insurance cover in respect of any
loss or damage to data stored by yourself or on your behalf on
- Whilst we shall try to ensure the integrity and security of
the server, we do not guarantee that the server will be free from
unauthorized users or hackers.
- You warrant to us that you will only use your assigned web site
for lawful purposes. In particular, you further warrant and undertake
to us that you will not, nor will you authorize or permit any
other party to, use the server in violation of any law or regulation.
- Failure of services. The company does not accept any responsibility
for loss of any kind resulting from any failure of the email services
- You are responsible for sending mail in accordance with any
relevant legislation (including Data Protection legislation) and
for sending the same in a secure manner. We will take all reasonable
steps to ensure accurate and prompt routing of messages but we
will not accept any liability for non-receipt or misquoting or
any other failure of e-mail.
- You agree to keep secure any identification, password and other
confidential information relating to your account and you will
notify us immediately of any known or suspected unauthorized disclosure.
- Whilst we shall try to ensure the integrity and security of
the server, we do not guarantee that the server will be free from
unauthorised users or hackers.
- Transmission of viruses. The company does not accept any responsibility
for loss of any kind caused by the transmission of software viruses
or worms transmitted via the email services provided. It is the
responsibility of the user to maintain anti-virus software.
- Inappropriate content. The company does not accept any responsibility
for the nature of any incoming or outgoing email using the email
facilities supplied to its customers.
- We specifically exclude any warranty as to the accuracy or quality
of information received by any person via the server and in no
event will the company be liable for any loss or damage to any
data stored on the server. You are responsible for maintaining
insurance cover in respect of any loss or damage to any data stored
on the server
- You will not knowingly or recklessly post, link to or transmit:
- Any material that is unlawful, threatening, harmful, malicious,
libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane or otherwise
objectionable in any way
- Any material which will constitute or encourage criminal
offence, gives rise to civil liberty or that violates or infringes
any trademark, copyright, other intellectual property or similar
rights of any person, firm or company under the laws of any
DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATON AND RENEWAL
- We do not guarantee that any domain name applied for will be
registered in your name and therefore you should not undertake
to employ any requested name until you have been notified that
your requested domain name has been registered.
- The registration of a Domain Name and its ongoing use is subject
to the terms and conditions applied by the relevant naming authorities
and you are responsible for ensuring that you are aware of these
terms and conditions and that you can and will comply with them.
You waive any claims against the company in respect of any decision
by the relevant naming authorities to refuse to register a domain
- We accept no responsibility or liability in respect of any dispute
with a third party involving the use of a domain name. We reserve
the right, on becoming aware of such a dispute, at our discretion
and without giving any reason, to either suspend or cancel the
domain name and remove any web site displayed under this domain
- Domain renewal invoices will be rendered by the company in advance
of the renewal date. Renewal of domain registrations by the company
is dependent upon the renewal invoice(s) having been paid the
client on or before the due date.
- Domains registered or transferred by the company may display
content advertising the company until your content is ready for
display or until the company is asked to withdraw such material.
A request for such withdrawal will be acted upon in a timely manner.
STAGE PAYMENTS - STAGES NOT COMPLETED IN A TIMELY MANNER
- SiteWeave will normally agree to receive payment for design, re-design and web site implementation services in several stages. A stage payment invoice will normally be levied upon the completion of the relevant stage.
- Where a stage has not been completed in a timely manner because content, materials or other requirements have not been supplied by our customer, SiteWeave reserve the right to payment of 90% of the stage payment value, not withstanding the fact that the relevant stage has not been completed.
- With reference to the phrase 'timely manner', SiteWeave require that , following our request for decisions or materials required for the completion of a website design stage, web re-design stage or web site implementation, our customer will action such a request within six weeks.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (custom designed web sites)
- SiteWeave grants to its customers the right to use a single copy of a commissioned website on the Internet. Customers may also keep any hard disk copies of the website whose sole purpose is backup and/or editing.
- A single public (internet) copy of the website designed by SiteWeave will be owned by the customer.
- SiteWeave specifically do not allow, without express written permission, the cloning, reproduction or copying of the website for use on another domain or sub-domain or for distribution or resale to third parties.
- All code and graphics created by the company remain the intellectual property
of the company unless specifically released in writing.
- The customer is responsible for obtaining all necessary intellectual
rights and authorities for all content (text, graphics, photographs)
supplied to SiteWeave for inclusion in the website
or in other promotional or printed material.
- Where a website design cost is paid for on a monthly basis, the intellectual property passes to the customer after 5 years. The first 3 years of payments include the design cost and the following 2 years are maintenance and service costs only.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (Send and Go web sites)
Send and Go web sites are designed on a very low budget and SiteWeave collects part of the design cost via service contracts in the second and third years of the contract. For this reason, SiteWeave retain the right to the intellectual property for the layout, graphics and coding of Send and Go web sites until the third paid year of the contract. The original content supplied by the customer remains the property of the customer, and the total intellectual rights for the complete web site pass to the customer after receipt of payment for the third annual contract. This payment can be made in advance where the customer wishes to move the site to a new host before the third year.
The company makes every effort to ensure that support and advice
given to its clients is accurate and appropriate. However, any advise,
suggestion or recommendation offered by the company, whether as
part of a service / support contract or given free of charge, cannot
be guaranteed as accurate or appropriate. The company does not take
responsibility for the consequences or any action taken or not taken
as result of such advise.
SEARCH ENGINE PLACEMENTS
The company guarantees to make search engine and site directory
submissions as contracted, but cannot guarantee that a given search
engine or site directory will list or continue to list the site(s)
- All charges payable by you to the company for hosting services,
domain registrations, domain renewals and other services which
are not the subject of specific negotiation shall be in accordance
with the relevant scale of charges and rates published on our
website. All payments shall be made no later than 7 days after
receipt of our invoice.
- Where payment is not made within this period we reserve the
right to suspend our services to you.
WITHDRAWAL OF SERVICES
The company will make every effort to ensure the continuity of
all the services that it provides, but will not be held liable for
the discontinuation of services by its suppliers. In the event of
the discontinuation of hosting and email services, the Company accepts
no responsibility for financial or other consequential loss.
- We may terminate any agreement we may have with you forthwith
if you fail to pay any sums due to us as they fall due.
- We may terminate any agreement we may have with you upon written
notice if you breach any of these terms and conditions and you
fail to correct the breach within 30 days following written notice
from us specifying the breach.
- We may terminate any agreement we may have with you if you are
a company and go into insolvent liquidation, or if you are a person
who is declared bankrupt.
- On termination of any agreement we may have with you we shall
be entitled immediately to block Internet and other access to
your website and remove any data from the server as we see fit.
We will hold your data for one calendar month and allow you to
collect it at your expense, failing which we shall be entitled
to delete all such data.
- On termination of agreements between us, we shall be entitled
to post such notice in respect of the non-availability of your
website as we see fit.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Our total aggregate liability to you for any claim in contract,
tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection
with the provision of the Services shall be limited to the charges
paid by you in respect of the Services which are the subject of
any such claim and provided that you notify us of any such claim
within one year of it arising.
- In no event shall we be liable to you for any loss of business,
contracts, profits or anticipated savings or for any other indirect
or consequential or economic loss whatsoever.
You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified and hold us on demand
harmless from and against any claim brought against us by a third
party resulting from the provision of Services by us to you and
your use of the server, and in respect of all losses, costs, actions,
proceedings, claims, damages, expenses (including reasonable legal
costs and expenses), or liabilities, whatsoever suffered and howsoever
incurred by us in consequence of your breach or non-observance of
these terms of business.
Any notice given by the company may be sent by either postal letter,
e-mail, fax to an address that you have supplied and which we have
reason to believe to be correct and valid at the time of sending.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in
accordance with English law and you hereby submit to the non-exclusive
jurisdiction of the English courts.